Speaking chủ đề Animals
Speaking chủ đề Animals – Trong hệ sinh thái của chúng ta, các loài động vật đóng vai trò rất quan trọng. Chúng mang đến cho ta nhiều lợi ích khác nhau, từ các loại động vật hoang dã (wild animals) đến động vật nuôi (pets) như chó, mèo… là những người bạn của chúng ta.
Trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy nhận thấy chủ đề về Animals xuất hiện khá phổ biến trong kỳ thi IELTS, cả trong Speaking lẫn Writing. Các câu hỏi Speaking thường chia làm 2 chủ đề nhỏ nữa, đó là Wild Animals và Pets. Trong khi đó, các câu hỏi Writing thường tập trung vào Animal rights.
Dù là topics nào đi nữa, các bạn cần chuẩn bị nguồn từ vựng thật tốt liên quan đến Animals.
Hãy cùng SIGMA ôn tập các bạn nhé.
What kinds of animals as a pet do the people have in your country?
Most of the people have dogs in their house. Dogs are preferred over other animals because firstly they are very friendly and loyal to their owner. Secondly, they help in guarding the house against all the possible theft.
- to be loyal to someone (trung thành với ai): remain faithful to somebody and support them.
- to guard (bảo vệ): to protect properties, places or people from attack or danger.
- theft (trộm): the crime of stealing something from a person or place.
Do you like to see animals in the zoo?
To be honest, I have to say “no’” because I always feel sorry for the animals that are kept in the cages. Although they are well looked after and are provided with food, they don’t have the freedom like living in their natural habitat.
- to be kept in the cages = to be kept in captivity (bị bắt giữ trong lồng).
- to look after (chăm sóc): to be responsible for or to take care of somebody/ something.
- freedom (sự tự do): the right to do or say what you want without anyone stopping you.
- natural habitat (môi trường sống tự nhiên): an ecological or environmental area where a specific species lives.
Do you like animals?
I would say I don’t hate them. I know animals benefit humans in many ways but I am not very much of an animal lover. I can’t form emotional bonds with animals, so owning a pet might be something I won’t prefer.
- an animal lover (người yêu động vật): someone who likes animals.
- to form a bond (tạo mối liên kết, gắn kết): to build a close connection or strong relationship.
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
Describe a wild animal.
You should say:
- what the animal is
- what it looks like (what the special characteristics of that animal are)
- where it lives (what its habitat is)
- and explain how people in your country (or you) feel about this animal.
Well, in general, I would say that I am actually keen on wild animals, especially the enormous ones that survive well in the savage Talking of large animals, elephants are usually the one that comes across many people’s mind, but in fact, they are small when compared to the largest animal in the world, the Blue Whale.
Baby Blue whales are big, even in the early days of their life cycle. At birth, they are about 7 meters long and weigh 2 tons. In order to nurture that huge body, they consume up to 200 liters of milk every day and averagely they grow 80 kilograms more every passing day. In fact, they grow so quickly that I feel as if I could hear them grow.
The young whales stay with their mother until they are a year old. During that time, the young whales learn to survive in the ocean. The mother whales teach their babies how to hunt and fight off enemies. When young whales become adults, they are about 35 meters long and weigh approximately up to 130 tons. Adult blue whales can absorb a great amount of food which is about 4000 kilograms per day.
Nowadays, blue whales are currently considered as an endangered species and I always think that it’s time for the world to do something towards wildlife conservation.
What do you think are some of the benefits to humans from protecting wild animals?
In my opinion, there are two main reasons to protect wild animals…
to protect our ecosystem…
to produce medicines…
Do you think there should be laws to protect the welfare of pets and farm animals? (For example, laws against cruel treatment) Why? Why not?
Absolutely yes. If you think about it, animals are vulnerable, defenseless and completely under a man’s control…