IELTS Speaking chủ đề Historic Building hay Old Building
“Historic building” (tòa nhà cổ) là chủ đề đòi hỏi người nói có khả năng miêu tả về building cũng như nêu lên cảm nghĩ của mình về những giá trị lịch sử. Vì vậy, đây là một đề tài khá độc đáo trong phần thi IELTS Speaking và sẽ có thể gây khó khăn cho thí sinh nếu không có sự chuẩn bị kỹ càng.
Hãy cùng trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy chuẩn bị thật tốt nguồn từ vựng siêu hay và ý tưởng cực chất cho chủ đề “Historic building” này nhé.
What types of buildings are there in your city?
My city is a combination of modern-day and ancient designs, with a range of skyscrapers in the downtown and bungalows or cottages in the suburban areas. Some buildings are significantly older than the others since they were built from a hundred years ago.
- modern-day ≈ present-day ≈ contemporary (hiện đại, đương đại): existing or happening in the present.
- ancient (cổ xưa): very old; of or from a very long time ago.
- a range of = a variety of = a series of ≈ a number of (một loạt các; dãy).
- skyscraper (tòa nhà chọc trời): a very tall building of many stories.
- downtown (trung tâm thành phố): the central area of a town or a city.
- bungalow (nhà một tầng): a low house, having either no upper floor or upper rooms set in the roof.
- cottage (nhà nhỏ): a small simple house.
- suburban (ngoại ô): outside of the city.
Do you prefer old or new building?
Honestly, as old-fashioned as I am, older buildings always pique my interests. It is mainly because I’m really into the unique traits of medieval Europe, which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful design.
- old-fashioned (cổ hủ): not modern; belonging to or typical of a time in the past.
- to pique someone’s interest (gây hứng thú): to make someone interested in something and want to know more about it.
- unique trait (đặc điểm độc đáo): a special, distinguishing quality or characteristic.
- medieval (thời kỳ trung cổ): relating to the Middle Ages.
Are historic buildings important?
Definitely yes! Those buildings are the top-rated tourist attractions in the city. Besides that, nowadays, most of them are used as museums so that children can learn more about their past.
- tourist attraction (địa điểm thu hút khách du lịch).
- museum (viện bảo tàng): a building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited.
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
Describe a historical building in your area.
You should say:
- where it is
- how it looks like
- what people do there
- how you felt about this building.
Cùng xem gợi ý của SIGMA Academy cho bài nói IELTS Speaking chủ đề Historic Building dưới đây nhé!
If you have ever visited Ho Chi Minh City, there is a place that you must go to because it is one of the most appealing ancient buildings in the city. The building is called the People’s Committee Office of Ho Chi Minh City, or City Hall in short, which is located in District 1, right at the beginning of Nguyen Hue walking street, so you definitely cannot miss it.
Looking from far away, it is a huge 2-storey building that is mostly constructed from concrete and bricks. The square shape of the committee is covered with an orange tile roof, which is a distinctive style of the 19th-century architecture. The most beautiful time of the day is at night when all the bulbs from the pavement are shining onto the walls. On some special occasions, there are light shows which transform the façade of the building into different colourful digital pictures. Although it is almost a hundred years old, the structure still appears perfectly intact thanks to the government’s preservation throughout the years.
This elegant building is not open to the public, but tourists can take photographs outside and many people choose to do this at night when the building and its grounds are lit up.
This place has been my favourite photography spot for many years. Every time I come here, I always feel nostalgic and recall a lot of good memories with my friends and family.
- appealing (hấp dẫn, thú vị): attractive or interesting
- People’s Committee Office (văn phòng Ủy ban nhân dân).
- tile roof…
Who should take responsibility of preserving old historic buildings?
People should all have the responsibility to maintain them…
Do you think old historical buildings should be under the control of governments?