Miêu tả ngoại hình – Physical Appearance
Trong bài thi IELTS Speaking, rất có thể bạn sẽ gặp chủ đề miêu tả một ai đó như: describe a successful businessman (miêu tả 1 doanh nhân thành đạt), hay describe a famous person in your country (miêu tả 1 người nổi tiếng ở nước bạn),… Khi gặp những chủ đề này, thông thường bạn sẽ phải miêu tả ngoại hình (physical appearance) của người đó, trước khi đi sâu nói chi tiết những điểm khác.
Để chuẩn bị thật tốt cho tình huống này, hãy cùng trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy ghi nhớ những từ vựng band 7.0+ về “physical appearance” của người nhé.
Hãy cùng tham khảo và ghi nhớ những chữ in đậm nha!
What do you think about plastic surgery?
Well, people get plastic surgery for many reasons. If it is done because of medical reasons, is totally acceptable. But when it comes to changing oneself to please someone else or to look like a celebrity, there is no point of doing it. It brings along with it more harm than good.
- plastic surgery = cosmetic surgery (phẫu thuật thẩm mỹ).
- medical (y khoa): relating to the science of medicine, or to the treatment of illness and injuries.
- when it comes to (khi nói đến): with respect to; concerning.
- to please someone (làm hài lòng ai): to make someone feel happy or satisfied.
- there is no point of = there is no need of (vô ích khi làm gì): if you try doing something, it will work but there won’t be any benefit from it.
- more harm than good (nhiều nguy hại hơn là tốt): making a situation worse instead of better.
Do you think skin color affects whether a person is regarded as beautiful or not?
It should not, but yes, people are likely to term you as beautiful or not based on your skin colour. It is different for various regions of the world. People in the western part are more likely to think a little darker shade to be beautiful. However, in Asian countries, fairer skin stone makes you more beautiful.
- to term (chỉ định, kêu): give a descriptive name to; call by a specified name
- shade (sắc thái, màu sắc): a color, especially with regard to how light or dark it is or as distinguished from one nearly like it.
- fair (skin) (da trắng).
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
Describe a person in your family who you admire.
You should say:
- what his/her relationship is to you
- what he/she has done in your life
- what he/she does now
- and explain why you admire this person so much.
Cùng xem các từ vựng miêu tả ngoại hình “physical appearance” dưới đây nhé!
Well, I would like to talk about one of my family members that I always take pride in, my older sister, who currently is working as a sale woman in a multinational company.
As a sale person, the appearance is really important to her, so whenever she appears in public, she always gets dressed up. Also, due to her slim body, it is very easy for her to choose clothes. Normally, she wears jeans with white shirts, but when it is necessary, she suits up for formal events. I think all of those help her to stand out in a crowd, and draw attention from many other people.
Not only is she a successful businesswoman, but she also spends part of her time to take care of me. From I was a little child, she was my best friends, we shared laugh and happiness together. Since then, she has consistently stood by me in my ups and downs and supported me no matter what I am going through. She gave me valuable advice and a strong feeling that I could confide in. I was quick-tempered person and easy to lost control in some situations. She has taught me how to be patient, calm down and think twice before making any decision. Thanks to her, I have become a better person. I am so lucky to have her in my life.
- to appear in public (xuất hiện trước đám đông).
- to dress up (ăn mặc đẹp).
- to be slim
- to stand out in a crowd
- to draw attention
What are some advantages of being beautiful?
I think good-looking people are treated better than average-looking peers…
What are some of the drawbacks of being beautiful?
I think the biggest pitfall of good looks is not being taken seriously. Beautiful women are likely to be valued only for the looks…