IELTS Speaking chủ đề Public Transport hay Public Transportation
Chủ đề “Public Transport” (phương tiện giao thông công cộng) là chủ đề có mối liên kết chặt chẽ với nhiều chủ đề khác như “Travel” hay “Environment”. Những câu hỏi về chủ đề Speaking này sẽ xoay quanh câu chuyện phương tiện di chuyển hằng ngày của thí sinh nên hi vọng sẽ không gây ra quá nhiều khó khăn cho các bạn.
Trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy mong muốn các bạn giành điểm cao nhất có thể khi gặp chủ đề này, vì vậy hãy cùng nhau học bộ từ vựng siêu hay và ý tưởng cực chất cho IELTS Speaking chủ đề Pubic Transport này nhé.
PART 1 - CÂU HỎI NGẮN
Do you use public transport? Why / why not?
» Yes, I do. I take the bus almost every day. It’s the cheapest to get around, even though it is overcrowded from time to time, and not particularly punctual.
- to get around (đi đây đó): to travel or move from place to place.
- punctual (đúng giờ): arriving, doing something, or happening at the expected, correct time; not late.
- overcrowded (đông đúc, chật chội): containing too many people or things.
- from time to time (thỉnh thoảng): sometimes, but not regularly.
» No, I don’t. The city doesn’t have good networks of public transports, so routes are limited. I prefer riding a motorcycle for my daily commute.
- commute (đi lại giữa nhà và công ty): a regular journey between work and home
Which type of public transport do you prefer? Why?
I definitely prefer the train. I like being able to stroll up and down, and on some trains, I can book a seat with a table and a socket, so that I can do some work.
- stroll (đi dạo): to walk in a slow relaxed way, especially for pleasure.
- to book/ reserve a seat (đặt chỗ).
- socket (ổ cắm điện).
Would you ride bikes to work in the future?
Definitely not. Riding a bike means you’re exposing yourself to the unpredictable weather and to air pollution. What is worse, main streets or highways are too dangerous for cyclists, because cars, motorbikes, and buses will travel at a very high speed. Thus, I’d rather ride a motorbike or take the bus instead.
- unpredictable (thời tiết khó đoán được): to not able to be predicted; changeable.
- highway (cao tốc).
- Can you compare the advantages of planes and trains?
- What will become the most popular means of transport in your country?
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
PART 2 - CÂU HỎI MIÊU TẢ
Cùng tham khảo bài mẫu IELTS Speaking chủ đề Public Transport dưới đây nhé!
Describe a time you travelled by public transport.
You should say:
- What type of public transport you used
- Where you travelled from and to
- What you did during the journey
- And explain how you felt about travelling in this way.
Well, I went to Japan last year and found the experience traveling in a Japanese high-speed train pretty awesome. Japanese people call it “The Shinkansen”.
I took a shinkansen from Tokyo to Kyoto and it costs about 150 dollars per person. It was a 2-hour and a half ride. I booked my trip the night before so I had a reserved seat.
My first impression of the Shinkansen was that it was precisely on time. I was also impressed how spacious and clean it was. When I settled into my reserved seat, I found it rather comfortable with much leg room. All the seats faced in the direction of travel and window seats aligned with the windows, affording good views. One of the nice things about taking the shinkansen must be the chance to see different parts of Japan. Unfortunately, it was a cloudy day, so I wasn’t able to see Fuji Mountain. However, I was still able to enjoy the scenery.
After sitting back and enjoying the smooth ride for a bit, I decided to dig in my bento box and then snoozed for a while. The ride was smooth and quiet so I was able to take a good nap. Announcements on the trains were very clear in English.
In overall, I enjoyed the experience, next time I will splurge the extra $100 on a first-class ticket to see how perfect it is.
- high-speed train = bullet train (tàu cao tốc): a type of rail transport that operates significantly faster than traditional rail traffic.
- reserved seat (chỗ ngồi đã đặt trước).
- impression >> to be impressed…
PART 3 - CÂU HỎI THẢO LUẬN
- How to encourage more people to take public transportation?
Encouraging the public to make use of the public transit is quite a tough task. The number of public means of transport with better service quality should be increased, so that the general population feels worth it to leave their motorbikes or cars at home and make daily commutes by public transport. In addition, the government should run more campaigns to educate people about the importance of conserving the environment via small actions such as taking public transport…
- How do you think people will travel in the future?
Well I think, electric mini-bus will be the prevalent means of transport in the future…