Chủ đề về thể thao “Sports” là chủ đề hay xuất hiện trong phần thi IELTS SPEAKING từ trước đến nay, và cũng là đề tài gặp trong nhiều tình huống giao tiếp thực tế. Trong phần thi IELTS WRITING bạn cũng có thể sẽ gặp câu hỏi liên quan đến thể thao.
Hãy cùng trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy chuẩn bị thật tốt nguồn từ vựng siêu hay và ý tưởng cực chất cho chủ đề Sports này nhé.
Hãy cùng tham khảo và ghi nhớ những chữ in đậm nha!
PART 1 - CÂU HỎI NGẮN
- What’s the most popular/common sport in your country?
Well, it has to be football. There are domestic and regional football leagues held around the year, especially in the summer season. I think the majority of Vietnamese people consider themselves to be football fans.
- Football league (giải bóng đá): a group of football teams who regularly compete against one another.
- Premier League (giải ngoại hạng Anh)
- Champions League (giải cúp C1)
Do you like playing sports?
⇒ Not really… I’m not a sports person. I’ve never been athletic. I learnt volleyball and swimming in my high school, but I was never really good at them. I don’t think I have a knack for sports in general.
⇒ Yeah, I am really into sports. I am a sporty person. I have been athletic my entire life, and involved in some sort of sports like football, running, biking, etc. I like being sweaty at least three times a week, since sweating makes me feel so good.
- a sports person = a sporty person (người yêu thích thể thao): a person who enjoys sport and is good at it.
- to be athletic (khỏe khoắn, có tính thể thao): healthy, good at sports or relating to sports.
- to have a knack for (có năng khiếu về): have a skill or an ability to do something easily and well.
- sweat (mồ hôi); sweaty (đẫm mồ hôi); sweating (sự đổ mồ hôi).
What kind of sports would you like to try in the future?
Download câu trả lời gợi ý của SIGMA tại ĐÂY.
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
PART 2 - CÂU HỎI MIÊU TẢ
Describe a sporting event you have been to.
You should say:
- what it was
- why you went there
- who you went with
- whether you enjoyed it.
I’m not actually very interested in sports, but there was an occasion a few years ago when I went to see a football match in a stadium about half an hour from where I live. It was a charity match – I think they were raising funds for the local school – and it was very well-attended.
I only went because a friend of mine really wanted to go but didn’t want to watch it on his own, so in the end there were a small group of us. One of the other people we went with was going anyway because his brother was in one of the teams, so it made it a lot more fun to have a team to support; otherwise I wouldn’t have really minded either way who won!
Honestly, we were only half focused on the game and spent the rest of the time just chatting and eating! After the match, we met a lot of new people in the park nearby – most of them stayed for at least a few hours after the game just enjoying the sunshine. As I mentioned, I’m not that keen on sport, but I do like the social aspects of it.
- to be interested in/ keen on (hứng thú về): enthusiastic about something.
- stadium (sân vận động): a sports arena with seats for spectators.
- charity (từ thiện): the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.
- to raise fund/ to do fundraising (gây quỹ): gather a sum of money for a particular purpose, especially for a charity.
- to be well-attended (nhiều người tham dự): having lots of people presented.
- on one’s own = (all) by oneself (một mình).
- to mind (để ý, bận tâm): to be careful of, or give attention to something.
- half focused on (không tập trung lắm): not giving a full attention to something.
- the rest of the time (thời gian còn lại): the remaining part of time.
- social aspect (khía cạnh xã hội).