IELTS Speaking chủ đề Teacher
Chủ đề miêu tả Giáo viên “Teacher” thuộc bộ chủ đề IELTS Speaking lớn “Describe a person” (tả người), do đó, việc ghi nhớ và áp dụng các từ vựng và cấu trúc câu miêu tả ngoại hình sẽ rất hữu ích đối với chủ đề này.
Bên cạnh đó, SIGMA Academy có một số lưu ý dành cho các bạn như sau:
- Hầu hết giám khảo kỳ thi IELTS Speaking đã từng hoặc đang là giáo viên. Vì vậy, các bạn không nên nói những điều tiêu cực khi gặp chủ đề “teacher” hay “describe a teacher”.
- Đây là một trong những chủ đề quen thuộc, vì vậy, bộ câu hỏi cho chủ đề này khá đa dạng; trong đó, các câu hỏi có thể quy về 4 nhánh chính như sau:
- Your opinion/ feelings about teachers (Ý kiến/ cảm nhận của bạn về các giáo viên)
- The influence of teachers on you (Những ảnh hưởng của giáo viên đối với bạn)
- Teachers in your country in general (Các giáo viên nói chung)
- Working as a teacher (Nghề sư phạm).
Hãy cùng trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy chuẩn bị một số câu trả lời cho IELTS Speaking chủ đề Teacher này nhé!
PART 1 - CÂU HỎI NGẮN
Do you want to be a teacher?
Actually, no. I have never been good at teaching or explaining things to other people. There are certain types of qualities, which I do not possess, that are needed to be a good teacher, such as strong communication skills and patience.
- to be good at (giỏi về khía cạnh nào đó): to be well capable of doing something.
- a quality (phẩm chất): a feature of a person’s character, especially when it is a positive one.
- to possess (sở hữu): to have a quality or ability.
Were your high school teachers very strict?
Most of my teachers in high school were pretty nice. But there is always an exception, and in this case, it’s my physics teacher in the 11th grade. She had a long list of rigid rules and she was a very strict grader, which gave me a pretty hard time back then. But after all, I think she was just a subject-oriented teacher who didn’t tolerate disruption to her subject.
- an exception (ngoại lệ): a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule.
- rigid (cứng nhắc, nghiêm ngặt): not permitting any change; not flexible.
- a grader (người chấm điểm/ bài thi): one who grades students’ work.
- to give someone a hard time (gây khó khăn cho ai): to make things difficult or unpleasant for someone.
- subject-oriented (quan tâm/ hướng đến môn học): mainly concerned with, or directed towards a subject.
- to tolerate (chấp nhận, chịu đựng): to bear something unpleasant or annoying.
- a disruption (to) (sự gián đoạn): a situation in which something cannot continue because of a problem.
Do you still keep in touch with your teacher?
Of course, yes. There is a very special person that taught me English in my secondary school. She is obviously the most inspiring teacher who has encouraged me to pursue higher levels of foreign languages. Although she has moved to a new country, we are still talking with each other from time to time to strengthen our relationship.
- inspiring (truyền cảm hứng): causing you to feel confident about yourself or eager to learn or do something.
- from time to time (thỉnh thoảng): occasionally, sometimes.
- to strengthen the relationship (củng cố mối quan hệ): to make the relationship stronger.
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
PART 2 - CÂU HỎI MIÊU TẢ
Describe a teacher who has greatly influenced your life; or
Describe a person who taught you something important.
You should say:
- who this person is
- what he/she taught you
- what was special about him/her
- and explain why this person influenced you so much.
Cùng xem gợi ý của SIGMA Academy cho bài nói IELTS Speaking chủ đề Teacher dưới đây nhé!
Well, the teacher that has a lasting impact on me the most is Mrs An, who taught me literature in the 7th grade. Back in the day, my classmates and I used to learn how to write social discussions on hot topics such as environment deterioration or the inequality between the rich and the poor, etc. Ironically, I was the worst student when it came to literature; and that was why she paid close attention to me whenever I was in her class. If it wasn’t for her, I might still have a prejudice against the subject.
Her personality was probably the thing that I admired the most. She was the most down-to-earth person that I have ever met and because of that, her teaching methods were different from others. Her rule of thumb was that everyone should write their own stories, not copy others. Therefore, she encouraged me to write in my own style, even though it might not have helped me get a really high score. “To be distinctive is the best way to express your personality” – she once said. It was a boost to my self-esteem, because before that happened, I had always blindly followed instructions from the books and never thought twice about it. That’s why Mrs. An is the most impactful teacher to me.
- a lasting impact (ảnh hưởng lâu dài).
- ironically (trớ trêu thay, thật là mỉa mai).
- when it comes to…
- to pay close attention to someone…
- rule of thumb…
PART 3 - CÂU HỎI THẢO LUẬN
Do you think computers will one day replace the teachers in the classroom?
Definitely not! In my opinion, teaching methods are the most important factor…
- a factor…
How can a teacher make lessons for children more interesting?
- incorporate mystery into the lessons…
- evoke the curiosity…
- use technology…