Speaking chủ đề “Crowded Place” – Nơi đông đúc
Chủ đề về chốn đông người “Crowded place” không phải là chủ đề phổ biến trong kỳ thi IELTS Speaking, nhưng là chủ đề khá khó và không phải ai cũng có thể trả lời suôn sẻ, mặc dù trong cuộc sống hàng ngày, chúng ta ai cũng đã ít nhất một lần trải qua cảm giác chen lấn trong quá trình di chuyển.
Để chuẩn bị cho chủ đề này, hãy cùng trung tâm Anh ngữ SIGMA Academy ghi nhớ nguồn từ vựng band 7.0+, đặc biệt là bộ tính từ siêu chất liên quan đến sự đông đúc “Crowded” nhé.
Hãy tham khảo các câu hỏi và câu trả lời IELTS Speaking sau đây và chú ý đến các cụm từ in đậm nhé.
What kind of places are crowded in where you’re living now?
Since I have been living in Ho Chi Minh city for years, I can tell you that shopping malls, especially the ones that are located in the center of the city, are the most overcrowded location. If you go there in the holidays, it is impossible to find a parking slot nearby.
- shopping mall = shopping center = plaza ≈ department store (trung tâm mua sắm): a large building or series of connected buildings containing a variety of retail stores.
- overcrowded = crowded ≈ packed (đông đúc): filled with a lot of people beyond its capacity.
- impossible (bất khả thi): not able to occur, exist, or be done.
- parking slot (chỗ đậu xe): a place or a spot where you can park your car/ motorbike.
Do you like going to crowded places?
Honestly, I’m not a big fan of jam-packed environment since it makes me feel extremely frustrated to be jostled by strangers. I always choose quiet places with a peaceful atmosphere to hang out with my friends.
- jam-packed: (cực kỳ đông đúc): extremely crowded or full to capacity.
- frustrated (bực bội): feeling or expressing distress and annoyance.
- to jostle (chen lấn xô đẩy): to push against someone because you are trying to move past them in a crowd.
When was the last time you were in crowded places?
Actually, I just went to the People’s Committee Office to do some papers works yesterday. Although it was early in the morning, more than 30 people had been waiting in line for their turns. When I left, it seemed that the people at the back of the queue would miss out on what they had come for that day.
- People’s Committee Office (văn phòng Ủy ban nhân dân).
- wait in line/ line up (xếp hàng chờ): to stand in a line to wait.
* Đăng ký test năng lực miễn phí để nhận ưu đãi
Describe a crowded place you’ve been to.
You should say:
- when you went there
- where the place is (or, was)
- what you did there
- and explain how you felt about the place.
Cùng xem gợi ý của SIGMA Academy cho bài nói chủ đề “crowded place” dưới đây nhé!
It goes without saying that I’m not really keen on going to crowded places, part of it is because of the Claustrophobia which means that the more open the space is, the more comfortable I am. Therefore, the only packed place that I would love to go to is Nguyen Hue pedestrian street, located next to the riverside and right in the center of the city.
Usually, I go there every weekend since it is the only time that all the vehicles are banned from driving on that street. Me and my friends, we often take a stroll along the street while other people are doing all sort of entertaining activities, from singing, photographing to dancing. If there aren’t any interesting outdoor activities, I will bring along my favourite board game so that we can play on the street without any problem.
Until now, it is one of the only two walking streets in the city, which makes it a popular venue for friends hanging out, family outings, romantic dates or tourist experience. On some previous occasions, people flooded into this street to watch football and cheer for our national football team. I was overwhelmed by the massive crowds. At such times, finding a place to sit near the big screens was definitely a challenge.
- Claustrophobia (chứng sợ không gian hẹp).
- pedestrian street…
- to take a stroll…
Why do some people not like to go to crowded places?
As an introvert myself, I think the most important reason is that…
Why is it said that large cities tend to lose the feeling of community?
For people living in a megacity like me, it is extremely common that we have to spend most of our time…